Birthday in London

I had a fun birthday in London despite having a phobia of getting old. 6th November 2009 London time started with me on skype with Jessica who was the only person who waited with me till my birthday!! It's so nice being able to see her and chat with her even though she is a kabillion miles away in America. Anyway, that was midnight.
The fire alarm went off at 4.40am, thanks to the receptionist that fell asleep! So yeah, my morning didn't started off as amazing as it should be because I had to rush and get dress to get to phonetics tutorial. Right after phonetics, I ran to Russell Square Station to catch the tube to Convent Garden. I had a ticket for the open day at the Royal Opera House.
ROH was amazing!! I am so thankful that I didn't think twice (though I should have) about getting a ticket! I went straight to the Paul Hamlyn hall, which had an amazing archy glassy celling, to watch the Royal Ballet School at work. I have to admit. I was extremely jealous, and I really mean EXTREMELY!! The Upper school students were amazing with their amazing flexibility, amazing arches, amazing extensions, amazing everything!! I look fat when standing beside them.
Then I stayed for 2 more rehearsals on the nutcracker. The first was the fighting scene between the nutcracker and the mouse king. Watching the rehearsals just made me realised how difficult and painstaking it is to perfect everything. The I watched the Waltz of the Snowflake rehearsal. I would have thought that coordinating would be simple as everyone is a professional dancer, but how wrong I was. It reminded me of what I went through in just a simple sibu production. Not that easy after all.
I left after the waltz rehearsal to explore the opera house but eventually came back to watch the last rehearsal on Limen, a new ballet. Just wanted to see how Sarah Lamb looks like. And she is as pretty as all the photos I've seen of her. Wasn't that into Limen though but still the movements were really fluid and elegant.
I went to Convent Garden market for lunch after that then walked back to Chandler house for my last tutorial before reading week. After tutorial, I went to Passfield to meet up the others for dinner!
Well, we didn't expect torrential rain in London but it happened and we just called a cab to take us to the restaurant which we couldn't locate. Anyway, dinner was awesome and there was a 50% discount because of Franchi's tastelondon card. We went back to Passfield where I booked my flight to Italy for Christmas.
So yeah, thats my birthday! Most part was spent wonderfully alone though. But still I had an enjoyable day! Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday!!

2 comments:

Flo Flo said...
November 13, 2009 at 4:25 PM

reading your post makes me jealous. but i'm glad you had such a memorable day :)

BALLET NEWS said...
November 23, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Lovely post - it's nearly time for the Nutcracker performances....

Volver al inicio Volver arriba Moments of Tranquility. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.