My 18th Birthday Bash

For the first time in 18 years, I didn’t wake up to the sound of mum calling me down for breakfast on the 6th of November. Instead, I woke up dreadfully sleepy and having 10 minutes more to rush to class.

At 12.30 am that day, Suba threw a surprise birthday party for me at LR 8. Well, it would have been a surprise if Christin was a better liar. Anyhow, they got matron to buy a cake from Mantin earlier that day. A few upper 6ers and lower 6ers came to celebrate this ‘wonderful’ occasion. Well, to cut the story short, we had cake, chatted for a while before the u6ers have to leave to study for the econs paper the next day. In the end, there was only Tania, Cher Waye, Tian Huey and Miao Shan in the room and they stayed chatting till 2am. Well, that explains my weariness in the morning.

I was kinda zombie like when I reached math class. Once I got in, I took my seat and went straight back to sleep. I didn’t really remember much of what happened then. I just remembered that Pobee was sick and we got a bunch of work from Mr Venga but we were free to go. Oh yea, just want to thank Zhi Wei for being somewhat enthusiastic about my birthday….

Anyway, I went back to my room and slept until Christin woke me up to go to English lit class. Jessica got me a present, wrapped in Golden wrapping paper and asked me to open it in class. And guess what!!! It is a piggy bank….a most peculiar piggy bank I assure you…it goes ‘oink oink oink’ when you put coins in….The whole class was pretty amused with it. I asked Mr Suresh for a coin to test it…He gave me his perpetual dumbfounded look when I told him I wanted to test it. Too bad he didn’t have it so I tried stuffing a paper down to see if it worked…and it did!!! ‘oink oink oink’ and was followed by ‘ooo’s and ‘aahhh’s from the others. So the piggy was passed around for everyone to try and more ‘ooo’s and ‘aahhh’s followed.

Mr Suresh: ‘apparently, it isn’t hard to amuse lower 6ers’ (in his usual sarcastic tone) Then he did the most horrific, awful, horrendous, dreadful, appalling, despicable, wicked, vile, inexcusable thing ever!!! He took my piggy….and put it beside him…everyone sat silently staring at the piggy, before he decided that he better put the piggy on that chair instead. Well, the lesson went on as usual until the ‘crocodile’ incident…That was the funniest, lamest, hilarious, stupidest thing that has I have ever encountered in my 13 years of school life…and best of all, it all happened on my birthday.

For drama, we went up to Miss Belinda’s flat to watch the last act of ‘Top Girls’. The perfect way to end the day’s lesson. For dinner, Jessica brought her Balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Nesha started the birthday song… ‘Happy birthday to you….happy birthday to Debsicca…..’ I found that hilarious… We wanted to offer a bit of vinegar to Mr Suresh before realizing we better not in case we accidentally send him to the hospital again.

To sum it all up, it was an exciting day especially in Elit class. To all those who wished me a Happy Birthday: Thanks sooo much. Love y’all. Muaks!!!

ps: the croc incident is a secret between the elit students but I think word would get around somehow…

0 comments:

Volver al inicio Volver arriba Moments of Tranquility. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.