A symbol of Beauty, Elegance and Grace

I adore her. I am devoted to her. I idolize her.


Aurelie Dupont of Paris Opera Ballet. Etoile. What is so special about her? Repeatedly have I ask myself the same question over and over again, pondering upon thoughts after thoughts, hoping one of them would be a satisfying answer.

So what exactly has captivated me? She is not as eminent as certain dancers, only known by a few. She will never achieve fame like the Great Fonteyn or Plisetskaya.


She doesn’t have a pretty face like Semionova or Dvorovenko.


She doesn’t have potent jetes like Alexandrova.

She doesn’t have the flexibility or control like Guillem.

She doesn’t have legs and arches like Zakharova.

She doesn’t create strong emotions like Ferri.


Maybe it’s because she doesn’t have anything special and that’s what makes her special to me.

Maybe it's her normal 100 degree arabesque, not too high not to low.


Maybe it's her slight wobble during the Rose Adagio. Quite normal for most dancers.

Maybe it's the coldness of her French style. Her dancing doesn't give out a fuzzy warm feeling like British dancers.

Maybe it's just everything put together with exact precision. She is perfect the way I see her. Nothing extreme. Just perfect on the right note.

Yes, I absolutely adore her to bits. So basically, this is a small tribute to the awesomous dancer that I have ever seen, Aurelie Dupont.

0 comments:

Volver al inicio Volver arriba Moments of Tranquility. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.