The perplexity of Linguistics

I am thoroughly enjoying my first week of University which consists of 4 hours of lectures and 4 hours of tutorials!! Yes, I am really free..however that comes with downside as well, I have loads to read and I am expecting workload to come pouring in soon. I have had syntax, phonetic and logic and meaning classes. The first 2 I found relatively understandable however, logic and meaning is just plain bizarre. I can't get my head around the idea of conditional truth, basically, how a sentence is a sentence. The snow is white. The sentence is true because 'snow', which refers to ice crystals from the sky, and 'is white' which is associated with a particular set of colours, therefore, snow is white IF and only if the snow is white....hmmmm.....help............

0 comments:

Volver al inicio Volver arriba Moments of Tranquility. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.